Today Important Current Affairs – 7 July, 2020 | Today’s News Headline
Current Affairs Today: 7 July, 2020. you get Daily Current Affairs for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC and other competition exams.
Today Current Affairs – 7 July, 2020
General Current Affairs
- The All India Radio (AIR) has broadcasted a programme titled “Sanskrit Saptahiki“. It is the first ever ‘News Magazine’ programme in Sanskrit which constitutes news from the world of Sanskrit including the prominent developments of the week.
- The Chief Minister of Karnataka B.S. Yediyurappa has launched a scheme for the weaver’s community in the state of Karnataka on 6th July 2020. The name of the scheme is ‘Nekar Samman Yojane’.
- Through video conferencing, Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi will be inaugurating the 750 MW Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Plant on 10th July 2020. The 750 MW Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project is the largest single-site solar power projects in India and also in Asia.
- Himachal Pradesh becomes First State in India to have LPG Gas Connection in Every Household.
- Delhi government will launch a mega tree plantation drive under the ‘Paudhe lagao, Paryavaran Bachao’ campaign. The campaign will be held from 10-26 July 2020.
- Odisha government has launched ‘Balaram Yojana’ to provide crop loans to landless farmers. Under the new scheme, the landless cultivators will get loans through joint liability groups (JLGs).
- Delhi Government has launched an e-learning portal name as “Learning through E-Resources Made Accessible for Delhi (LEAD)”.
- Maha Jobs Portal launched by Maharashtra Chief Minister, Domicile Certificate Mandatory for Registration
- A campaign “Mission Vriksharopan-2020” has been launched by the Uttar Pradesh government. Under this campaign, more than 25 crore saplings were planted on 5th July in Uttar Pradesh.
- Madhya Pradesh Tourism board has launched a campaign “Intzaar Aap Ka“. The campaign has been launched on social media platforms to attract tourists to the tourist places of the state.
- Indian Army officer, Lt Col Bharat Pannu has secured the 3rd position on the leaderboard at the first edition of the Virtual Race Across America (VRAAM) 2020.
- At the Cricket South Africa annual awards 2020, Quinton de Kock was named as the men’s cricketer of the year, while Laura Wolvaardt was named as the women’s cricketer of the year.
Books and Authors
- The Chairman of Maruti Suzuki, RC Bhargava has authored the book “Getting Competitive: A Practitioner’s Guide for India” from his experience as a policymaker and a leading industrialist.
- Former RBI governor, Urjit Patel has written a book titled ‘Overdraft: Saving the Indian Saver’ will be releasing later this month. The book focuses on the non-performing assets (NPAs) issue that has afflicted Indian banking in recent years.
- A 13-year-old student of the British School New Delhi, Freya Thakral has received the 2020 Diana Award for her “Recycler App”.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has partnered with Facebook to launch a free and comprehensive training program for teachers and students of its affiliated schools in the first phase.
- Sanskrit Vidhyalaya built in Eastern Nepal’s Province No 1’s IIam district by India was inaugurated on 6th July 2020 through video conferencing. The name of the Vidhyalaya is ‘Shree Saptmai Gurukul Sanskrit Vidhyalaya’.
- Jean Castex has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of France.