Important Current Affairs Today – 14 June, 2020 | One Liner Current Affairs
Current Affairs Today: 14 June, 2020. you get Daily Current Affairs for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC and other competition exams.
Current Affairs Today – 14 June, 2020
General Current Affairs
- Odisha has become the first state in the country to receive ISO certification for hostels meant for tribal students.
- In Telangana, Hyderabad City Police along with Hyderabad City Security Council(HCSC) has launched a programme called “She Triumphs through Respect, Equality, and Empowerment” (STREE) to support and empower women victims of domestic violence and abuse.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Yogi Adityanath has launched ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’ to educate child labourers in the state.
- The Government of Jammu and Kashmir recently launched the Poultry Policy, 2020.
- The Punjab Government has launched “Ghar Ghar Nigrani” mobile application to undertake house to house surveillance to eliminate COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Defence Research and Development Organization has developed ‘GermiKlean’. GermiKlean is a sanitising chamber that can be used to sanitise uniforms of security and police personnel.
Sports Current Affairs
- Oleksandr Gvozdyk, the former world light heavyweight boxing champion from Ukraine, has retired from the sport.
Science and Technology
- The Researchers of IIT Kharagpur have developed an Artificial Intelligence based cyber-physical system to monitor social distancing in public places.
- The Veteran Urdu poet Anand Mohan Zutshi ‘Gulzar’ Dehlvi passed away.
- Every year, World Blood Donor Day is celebrated on June 14. The day is celebrated to thank voluntary blood donors and also raise awareness about the need for regular blood donations. This year the World Blood Donor Day is celebrated under the theme “Safe Blood Saves Lives”.
- International Albinism Awareness Day is Celebrated every year on 13 June to bring about awareness among the people about albinism and the human rights of people with albinism. On 4 May 2006, TAS celebrated the first Albino Day. In December 2014, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted a resolution 69/170 and designated the observation of IAAD with effect from 13 June 2015. The theme for 2020 International Albinism Awareness Day is “Made To Shine.”