Current Affairs Today – 13 June, 2020 | One Liner Current Affairs
Current Affairs Today: 13 June, 2020. you get Daily Current Affairs for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC and other competition exams.
Current Affairs Today – 13 June, 2020
General Current Affairs
- On June 12, 2020, Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched Sahakar Mitra Internship programme to provide paid internship to youth and ensure availability of assured project loans to young cooperators.
- The National Highway Authority of India became the first construction sector to become digital completely.
- On June 12, 2020, the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman chaired the 40th GST Council Meet.
- The Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur recently launched the Panchvati Yojana for senior citizens in the rural areas of the state.
- The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy recently launched “Jagananna Chedodu” scheme. The scheme is to provide financial assistance to barbers, tailors and washer men.
- Government of Bangladesh has launched an initiative named ‘Shohojodha’, Which is an online network to facilitate plasma exchange between recovered patients of COVID-19 treatment.
- The third phase of Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation (SAUNI) scheme was launched by the Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani. The scheme is to fill 115 dams with Narmada water by August 15, 2020 and March, 2021.
- Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle (DSRV) Complex was inaugurated at Eastern Naval Command (ENC) in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The Indian American soil scientist Dr Rattan Lal has won the World Food Prize for mainstreaming and developing soil centric approach in order to increase food production.
- Indian Musician & founder of Kalakruthi music organisation in Australia, Shobha Sekhar will be conferred the “Medal of the Order of Australia”.
Rank and Reports
- The FIFA ranking was released. Indian team retained its 108th position as the international football for the year 2020 has been suspended since March.
- The Nature Research, a division of the popular Springer Nature recently released Nature Index. India secured 12th rank in the index.