Current Affairs Today – 12 June, 2020 | One Liner Current Affairs
Current Affairs Today: 12 June, 2020. you get Daily Current Affairs for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC and other competition exams.
Current Affairs Today – 12 June, 2020
General Current Affairs
- Every year, the World Day against Child Labour is celebrated on June 12.
- The Bharatmala Pariyojana that was scheduled to be completed in 2021-22 is to be completed by 2025-26. The announcement of delay was announced by the rating agency ICRA.
- Madhya Pradesh launched the Rozgar Setu portal that will provide employment to labourers as per their skills and efficiency.
- On June 11, 2020, the Haryana Government announced that, it will construct 1,000 water recharge bores in the state.
- The Government of India has raised the Customs duty on bamboo imports from 10% to 25% with immediate effect.
- Adani Green wins world’s largest solar project worth $6 billion.
- Gargo International, a Delhi-based Lubricant Company under the flagship of R.G. Group with the defining objective, quality & commitment has appointed Actor Sonu Sood as its brand Ambassador.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a telephonic conversation with his Cambodian counterpart Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen.
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has reconstituted a new committee for the welfare of the freedom fighters. This committee chaired by the minister of state for home affairs G Kishan Reddy and 9 other “eminent freedom fighters” from across the country.
Sports Current Affairs
- International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) has cleared India’s K Sanjita Chanu of anti-doping violation charges.
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has banned Former European high jump champion, Alexander Shustov for 4-years for the use or attempted use of a banned substance or method (doping).
Rank and Reports
- The HRD minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ will announce the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) India Rankings 2020. The IIT Madras ranked first in overall category followed by the IISc Bangalore and IIT Delhi.
- The Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2021 were released on June 10, IIT Bombay, Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru, and IIT Delhi featured in the top 200 list.
- National Fertilizers Limited (NFL), Nangal, Punjab has tied up with Industrial Training Institutes (ITI), Nangal, Punjab to train youth in various trades.
- After a contraction in the current financial year, India’s economy is forecast to bounce back with a sharp growth rate of 9.5% next fiscal, Fitch Ratings has said.
- Padma Shri awardee Pritam Singh passes away.
- Television Actor Jagesh Mukati passes away
- The President of the Republic of Burundi, Pierre Nkurunziza passed away.