Current Affairs Today – 11 June, 2020 | One Liner Current Affairs
Current Affairs Today: 11 June, 2020. you get Daily Current Affairs for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC and other competition exams.
Current Affairs Today – 11 June, 2020
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology(DIAT) has developed “ANANYA” water-based disinfectant spray with nanotechnology assisted formulation.
- Government of India released Rs.6,195 crore to 14 states as a monthly installment of the post-devolution revenue deficit grant on 10 June.
- Warship builder Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) delivered the ‘ICGS Kanaklata Barua’ on 9 June. It is the fifth and final ship in the series of Fast Patrol Vessels (FPV) for the Indian Coast Guard (ICG).
- The Government of India has allocated Rs 4,000 crores under Per Drop More Crop component of Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana for the year 2020-21.
- Indian Aerospace entrepreneur, Renjith Kumar has been honoured with “NASA Distinguished Service Medal” for his administration to NASA through executive leadership, engineering contribution, technical excellence and consumer loyalty.
- Google Cloud has appointed Anil Valluri as Senior Director for Google Cloud in India.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed senior Kashmiri lawyer Javed Iqbal Wani as a Judge of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court.
- Athletics Integrity Unit(AIU) has banned Gomathi Marimuthu for 4-years after testing positive for banned substances.
- S&P Ratings projects Indian economy to shrink 5% in FY21.
- Fitch Ratings stated that India’s economy is forecast to grow with a sharp growth rate of 9.5% in 2021 if the country avoids further deterioration in financial sector health.
- National Council Of Educational Research And Training (NCERT) has digitally signed an MoU with Rotary India For e-learning content telecast for class 1-12 over all NCERT TV channels.
Science and Technology
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)- Guwahati has developed an application called “Flyzy” for consistent and contactless air travel during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rank and Reports
- According to the Mercer’s 2020 Cost of Living Survey, Mumbai is the 60th most expensive city in the world. Also, it is the 19th most expensive in Asia.
- The Health Ministry of South-Pacific nation, New Zealand has declared that the nation has become free from “Coronavirus”.
- The Sri Lankan parliamentary election has been finally decided for 5 August 2020.